Monday, October 29, 2007

Must be doing something right!

Yesterday was Stake Conference, for those of you who don't know that's when all of the wards in your area come together for church. This happens I believe once per year. Being in Utah I guess we do it even bigger, we had 74 stakes at this conference! These 74 Stakes were just from Ogden, Logan and surrounding areas! We were at the Dee Event Center (Weber University) here in Ogden. Of course we could not all fit so the church broadcast the conference to all of the stake centers in the area. We were honored to hear from President Henry B. Eyring, the 2nd counselor in the first presidency, the second counselor in the General Relief Society Presidency (her name slips my mind) and Elder Dallen H. Oaks.

Elder Dallin H. Oaks told a story that reminded me of Cody. It was about the faith and fervent prayer of a young child. A while back, first week of school, Cody was still getting used to where everything was at his new school. This included the bathroom. He got lost on his way to the bathroom and by the time he got there he had wet pants. He was to embarrassed to come out so he sat in the bathroom for what he says was a long time. He decided to pray, he knelt down on his knees and prayed that Heavenly Father would send his mommy to find him. When he was done praying a teacher walked in to the bathroom (the teachers have a separate bathroom from the kids so there was no other reason for her to walk into a boys bathroom) and found him. I told him that because I was somewhere I could not get to him Heavenly Father sent someone else to help him. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father took time out of a very busy schedule to answer the prayer of a 6 year old little boy. After Cody told me this story I turned to Dan and said "Well, we must be doing something right!!"

3 comments:

Wenona said...

Oh wow! I'm sitting here crying. You have to remember to write that in a book somewhere so you never forget that story. I've never doubted that you 2 are great parents and good examples.

Unknown said...

You are doing something right! Anyway, you should change you blog settings (under templates) to show newest blog first - that makes it easier to read (: Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Hi TARA!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
We are thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful birthday and year ahead!!!
LOVE YA!
Larissa, Jon & Shayla
P.S. Send me your new email address!!! THANKS!